Friday, December 18, 2009

Taran and the Horned King

Sorry for not updating for the past two days, but I have been busy working on some things. I'll do better in getting them posted in a timely manner in the future.

Anyway, I have two sketches. The first is a rough sketch of what I imagine Taran, the main character, to look like.


It was a quick sketch, and I've got a better idea since then as to what he should look like. Infact, there's a young man in the neighborhood who I think Taran would look like, I'll probably use him for reference.

The second sketch is a design for the Horned King's helm.


It's an animal skull in the book, and I've seen it as a deer skull, or a human skull, but I wanted to try something different. I like the cat like look, but I actually think I'm going to try another version made out of steel, but shaped with skull like elements. For the horns I'm thinking of something along the lines of a kudu or an impala.

Anyway, it was fun to draw. I'm already getting antsy if I don't draw each day, that's a good sign right?

1 Comment:

  1. Tasha said...
    I think the helm would look very cool as a metallic. I'm envious of your "rough sketches" - great work.

Post a Comment